Saturday, January 28, 2006

 

Busted

Hi everyone, how's it going?

Sorry for digressing from the topic that has seized this blog with a frenzy, just to share with you guys an epic story that happened just a few minutes ago while I was logging onto this blog. Apparently, my next-door hall neighbor Adam was on his way back from a concert with a group of friends when they came across this lime green (construction?) cone sitting in the street. As they have never seen a lime green cone ever in their life, they started flipping out. Eventually Adam was the only one gutsy enough, and decided to bring the cone back with him. As soon as he came back he burst into my room to show me his prize. I was besieging him with questions when he went back to his room and shouted back from the door "Later! Let me put away my cone first." And on perfect timing 2 cops who happened to be patroling the halls came right by. "Hey son, where'd you get that cone from?" And they proceeded a lengthy interrogation concluding with a threat of a larceny charge unless he returns the cone right away. Then they added, "You know, it would've at least made sense if you'd been drunk, even though we'd have to charge you for that too." (The drinking age in America is 21. Yeah, I know.) So poor Adam has to take the last bus back down to where he took the cone from, and will have to walk all the way back after that. Of course, in typical college student fashion, everyone else in the hall felt this warranted a mini-celebration for this appalling but welcome break from the monotony of late Friday night studying of those of us who have no life.

Below is a picture taken shortly after the cops have left and just before Adam makes his long trek back to the cone's home. Adam, incidentally of course, is the guy without an amused look on his face.

Sorry not to have posted for so long. Wanted to post pictures of my trip but couldn't find enough time to organize the hundreds of them that I took. Maybe I'll do that during spring break. Meanwhile, take it easy, everyone.



Comments:
such a cute story! made me smile reading it. Thanks Jeff
 
Enjoyed a lot! »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?