Friday, June 03, 2005

 

hallo to everyone

Hello everyone, it’s my second day in Mannheim, Germany and it has been a very new experience for me thus far. For one, the lousy Germans really can’t speak much English. I feel like an idiot. I can’t even order a kebab properly…

Well, Mannheim has turned out to be just as small as I expected it to be. It is possible to walk from one end to the other in about an hour. The air is really fresh, even though the locals claim it is not. The first thing that struck me was how environmentally the people are. The dustbins are more likely to be recycling bins than rubbish bins. I had to pay 12 euro cents to get a plastic bag even though I bought some stuff from the supermarket. There is even less litter and more blooming flowers than our so-called clean garden city. They don’t drive SUVs.

The best part is that the girls are really pretty. Almost everyone looks good. Seriously. It’s amazing. I wonder why there are so few famous german models.

All that said, it has been much tougher than I thought. It really is depressing when there is no one to turn to for help. The vegetables they sell are crap. Everything is so expensive. I have no money, because it takes six darned weeks to process the demand draft I brought from home. And there is no way to spontaneously make friends because we don’t have a common language. I suddenly miss home.



Comments:
aye i told u to bring ginger alredy. dun belief lah.. hai.. :) i emailed yr gmail acct and u didnt reply!! nice long email too. anyway take care of yrself, don't stinge and send me yr mailing address so I can send emergency rations. ;) No pork, no onion-family thingies, no oil, no fruits... SO PICKY
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
don't they find Asians, uh, interesting? that should make it easier to make friends. Heh.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?